Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1)

Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1) - Kendra Leigh Castle The premise for this was interesting - shifter/vampire, vampire clans with roots in Egypt - unfortunately the execution was underwhelming. Tynan is considered of low standing among his vampire clan the Ptolemy. He is sent away to find a Seer, a psychic that will help their clan find who is killing them. He finds Lily and there is an immediate attraction. He is then torn between duty and love. I wish I could say there was more to the story but that's basically it.

I loved that Lily has some major power and the scenes when she used these were awesome. But other than that she fell flat as a character. There didn't seem to be much more to her. Same with Ty. He was torn and wounded but I didn't understand his devotion to a queen that by his own admition was a tyrant.

All in all, this had promise but just didn't deliver. We were introduced to some intriguing characters but there just seemed to be no depth to the story.

Side note: I began by listening to this story and had to switch to kindle since narrator was very bland. Could be that the story, but he just didn't bring any of the characters to life.