For You (The 'Burg, #1)

For You (The 'Burg, #1) - Kristen Ashley Overall, a sweet story and a solid 3.5 star rating.

I might lose my GR friends who are die hard Kristen Ashley fans for what I’m about to say but… though I’ve enjoyed most of the stories that KA writes, she can really use an editor to hack away at least 25% of the content of her books. This was book was 13 chapters long, but each chapter is a mini book. I almost gave up on this but there was the promise of something good so I kept going. Glad I did.

I appreciate the detail KA gives and the fact that she wants to make sure that feeling of family and love is conveyed in her stories. I just wish she’d do it in fewer words. She knows how to build a town and give the reader a very intimate feel of each of its residents. Colt and February have known each other since they were little. Their love grew and eventually they became a couple. But then something happened and it broke them apart and changed Feb. Twenty-two years later, their lives are intertwined because of a serial killer out to get the people that Feb loves the most.

I loved the murder mystery and crime world created. That aspect of it was intriguing and of course all the men involved – hot. I just wish we could have found out what drove these two apart sooner. After reading the book, I get it why it was presented the way it was but I seriously did not understand why Alec would let the girl of his dreams slip away. It just made no sense and as a reader I found it extremely frustrated and boring that it took over 25% into the story to find that all out.

The love story was sweet and heart wrenching at times. Feb has been so lost and broken and it was nice to see her heal and piece herself together again. As a single woman in her 30’s I’ve always appreciated that KA’s stories have featured women in their 30’s and 40’s who are vibrant, fun and in love. It’s a very refreshing change. The hot scenes between Colt and Feb weren’t bad either.