Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)

Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) - Ilona Andrews I think this might be my favorite Edge book so far. What I like about this series is that each book is a standalone. Though there is character crossover. Richard is the brother Kaldar. I vaguely remember him being mentioned in book 3 but it doesn't matter. We get to know the swordsman in this book. He is hunting slavers and on his journey comes across Charlotte. Charlotte is a healer who ran from the Weird to find solitude and healing in The Edge.

This has a nice steady pace. Charlotte isn't a warrior. Although not of noble birth she is noble raised/taught. I liked that she had balls. She gets scared but she grins and bears it and is a good match for Richard. Even the love aspect isn't front and center. The story eventually does get there but the main focus is the journey to capture the slavers.

Overall my favorite scenes were between Richard and Kaldar, Jack and George. They made me laugh out loud. The sibling relationship, at least the one I've known, was accurately captured.

The only two consistent characters so far have been George and Jack. I suspect that the next Edge book will finally give us an adult George.