Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)

Archangel's Storm  - Nalini Singh After book 3 I wasn't sure I liked the style of these stories but I'm so glad the formula is working for me again and I didn't give up on this series. Dmitri and Honor's story is still my favorite but this follows closely behind. Jason, Raphael spymaster, has always been a mystery. In fact he hardly makes much of an appearance in the other books. He lives in shadows and we learn why.

Nalini Singh's world of angels and vampires is so complex and dark. It makes you wonder why anyone would choose to live in it. Yet in the darkness each angel and vampire has found light, joy and hope. Mahiya wasn't very interesting but I liked that she wasn't weak either. Her subtle personality complimented Jason's exactly. It was nice to see Mahiya draw Jason into light without changing who he was.

We also catch up with Dmitri and Honor, Raphael and Elena, so that was nice. I was wondering what was going to happen to Honor so I'm glad we got a couple of chapters in their POV. With all these crazy archangels going even crazier, I'm curious to see what the fate of these leaders will be.