Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)

Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1) - Susannah Sandlin In so many ways this is the typical vampire story. Except that illness devastated the human population and the vaccine used to heal the epidemic is poisonous to vampires. Aidan has created a town named Penton where vampires and non-vaccinated humans can live. From the beginning we know that there are more stories to tell. Mirren aka the Slayer has a past he is running from. Will has a father he wants no part of. Lucy and Hannah that have special abilities and both are broken though for different reasons. There is the Tribunal that oversees the vampire politics. So at the end we are left with many unanswered questions.

This Aidan and Kris' story. I liked Kris. She was smart and over the top vulnerable. Aidan acted as the leader. Clearly alpha without being annoyingly macho. As I said, this was a typical vampire story in many ways and I knew where it was going. Still, it was entertaining and most definitely a series I want to continue. Especially with so many questions!