City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts #3)

City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts #3) - Stacia Kane FUCKING AMAZING!!!
This is why I love reading. Why did I not pick up this series sooner?? Why?!?

I read this in one day. Started in the morning and just could not put it down. Sleep? Who needs sleep? It's overated. Big, huge, monumental developments happen. I love Chess. Love her flawed, self deprecating, intelligent, kind hearted self. She is a powerful witch. The world of Downside is so vivid and fragrant. Ms Kane does an amazing job bringing everything to life.

Then there is Terrible. *swoon* I don't even know what to say. I love that he isn't the typical hero. He isn't over the top beautiful. He isn't sophisticated and polished. He is flawed just like Chess and just like her he is beautiful. I love seeing him through Chess' eyes. She sees so much beauty in him and he makes her feel alive. I wish their first two times together hasn't been in a nasty tunnel or bathroom. But I get it. It was angry, hurt, punishing sex. It was ugly and beautiful like Chess, Terrible and the fucked up world they live in. Now I'm worried about where things will go between them. I want Chess to have happiness.

What else can I say? I loved this. Loved every word. And yes I know I used love a gazillion times but I loved this!