Eve (The Eve Trilogy, #1)

Eve (The Eve Trilogy, #1) - Anna Carey The story takes place in a world where most of he population has died because of a plague. Eve is a girl who was orphaned at 5 years of age and has since grown up in a School. A secluded boarding school with only girls. They are taught to be proper ladies and above all to fear men. Eve has been an exemplary student but the day before graduation she discovers a secret and all changes. The world is ruled by the King who has a goal to repopulate the New America by any means necessary. And so begins the story...

I liked the premise. If was sad and depressing but interesting. I didn't really like Eve though. I would have enjoyed this a lot more if it was through Arden's POV. Arden had spunk. She was strong and smart and intriguing.

Eve was at times really naive and stupid. But in all fairness she has grown up in an extremely sheltered world never questioning anything. Because of this I forgave her but I kept wanting to smack her. Bottom line is that she is not the kind of leading character I like and it was hard to cheer her on. I just didn't care.

The story line with Caleb was predictable. Just read the blurb. No surprises there. What I thought would happen, happened. It's too bad, I was really looking to be wowed by this story.