Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) - Darynda Jones This series is turning into one of my favorites. I love Charlie's wit and sharp tongue. Darynda Jones peppers the story with sayings and one liners that had me laughing out loud. I was a bit disappointed to see that there was not much progression in the Reyes front and did not appreciate his nasty side. Especially him calling her a whore. I understand that there is a purpose to his behavior but its starting to borderline uncomfortable for me. We keep getting mixed stories about Reyes and I know we are barely scratching the surface of who Reyes and Charlie are, still... Him threatening to kill Charlie and hurt her while at the same time seducing her felt very wrong and abusive to me. Maybe I'm over thinking. Again.

Overall this seemed way more subdued and less hectic than book one. Still too many side plots and I kept getting the bad guys confused. There is also something else that feels wrong but I can't pinpoint. Regardless, I'm enjoying Charlie and her neurotic ways.