Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3)

Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) - Larissa Ione This is my favorite book in this series. So far I've found the Lords of Deliverance series a bit lukewarm. Entertaining? Yes, but lacking something. Books 1 & 2 were so full of theories and artifacts that maybe could stop the Apocalypse and Pestilence, that it took away from the story. Surprisingly, this does not have a lot of sex. Which made the story even better.

This is Thanatos' story. Also know as Death. For thousands of years he has abstained from sex for fear that the loss of his virginity would break his "good" seal and he would become "evil" and true Death. It book 2 we met Regan. A member of the Aegis, cold hearted and with supernatural abilities of her own. I was very upset how she tricks Than into sleeping with her. It bordered on rape and I was not ok with it. I worried how Ione would handle this and kudos to her for making that betrayal... Ok. I think the fact that we start the story 8 months ahead helped.

Than is literally a tortured soul and it was nice to take the journey to fatherhood with him. I am now extremely curious to what will happen to Reseph and Harvest.