First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) - Darynda Jones How to review this? *drums fingers* I like Charley Davidson. Grim reaper with a sarcastic mouth and sassy attitude. PI by profession helping souls cross to the other side and helps Albuquerque PD and Uncle Bob solve cases. The premise and potential of this book is great. The problem is that there was so much going on. So many characters dead and alive. Most likeable, others I didn't see the point of and found distracting. Like Mr Wong.

The dialogue, especially between Charley and Connie made me dizzy and not in a good way. I know it was meant to be funny and some of it was, but I also found it exasperating and found myself yelling "Get on with it already!!"

There were so many characters and plots going on at the same time that although the big case was solved I have so many questions. What's up with Garrett Swopes? I don't understand the animosity between him and Charley. I wish more time was spent with Reyes Farrow and Garrett. But I'm speculating that is the draw of the whole series and each book reveals a new layer of the men and their relationship with Charley. Will I read the rest of the series? Most definetely but I do it cautiously.