Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) - Kristen Ashley This was a fun, laugh out loud, romance. I loved that Indy wasn't a 20-something year old but a 30 year old woman who doesn't want to grow up. She reminded me a little of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. As a woman who has and will always have a soft spot for Guns n Roses and Metallica, I LOVED the rock n roll aspect and Ashley stole my heart when she mentioned the Stereophonics.

No romance would be complete without hot, tough men and this has a plethora of them. This one features Liam (Lee) Nightingale ultra hot bad-boy who has been the infatuation of India since she was 5 years old. I'm going to assume the other hot men make appearances in other books in the series. Though I think my favorite male character might be Tex! Crazy Vietnam vet. Ashley also proved that you can write hot, steamy scenes without being graphic about the sex.

Only complaint I have is that although entertaining, the book felt longer than it needed to be. Looking forward to book nĂºmero dos!

"Tex, it's Girl's Night Out. We talk about needing to lose weight while we drink and eat a lot. We talk about how all men are scum and lazy and useless, mostly Marianne's ex-husband who is scum and lazy and useless and a rat bastard to boot. Last, we gossip about people pretending we're trying to be thoughtful and caring as we rip their lives to shreds. Then we hug and go home. That's it. Girl's Night Out."