Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts WOW. I found this book much more... Disturbing? Intense? Captivating? Not sure what word to use. This will definitely stay in my brain for quite some time. Up to now the most intense BDSM book I've read has been Anne Rice's trilogy The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. This reminded me much of it, except that there wasn't as much torture (punishment) in this one.
The naïve girl in me had been bitch-slapped into womanhood. I'd been razed by pain, grief, loss and suffering, and honed by lust, rage and an acute awareness of my need to survive

Once again I'm disturbed by my own reaction. I found myself annoyed with Livvie. She kept making the situation worse for herself by not behaving. But she shouldn't behave because she is a fighter? My emotions towards Livvie were very conflicted. I liked Caleb even more in this. His inner turmoil as he tried to also find his freedom and happiness. The twist at the end is something I did not see coming. Though once revealed I thought "of course! Makes sense". Overall this was just one crazy emotional roller coaster for me.

I do wish that the relationship between Sloan and Reed would've been tied up. I'm still wondering what happened between them.
He needed to say things to her and he couldn't do it unless his eyes were closed and her body was pressed against his. That was his way.