Glory in Death (In Death, Book 2)

Glory in Death - J.D. Robb We catch up with Eve Dallas a couple of months after the events of the first book. She has recuperated from her gunshot wounds and is struggling with the notoriety that comes with solving a big case and dating the City’s most powerful man, Roarke. Up until Eve met Roarke, her life centered on work and being a damn good detective, she struggles to suppress memories of a painful childhood and sex before Roarke was always impersonal. From day one Roarke was upfront and honest about his intentions with Eve. It’s been amusing to see her struggle with her feelings for him and accept the emotions that he stirs. At times their obsession with each other seemed a bit disturbing until I realized that neither had ever felt those kinds of emotions before. There is one scene in particular that had me fanning myself. Let’s just say that Roarke makes a very sexy alarm clock.

On the murder front, who the killer was took me by surprise! I liked how the attention kept being drawn one other characters and I was kept guessing until the very end. I love Feeney! He’s a great partner and sidekick. Her friend Mavis also adds some lighthearted dialogue and situations to Eve’s otherwise serious life. I’m curious to know more about Eve’s past and what it’s hiding. Positive that it is darker than we’ve been led to believe so far.