Bronze Gods (An Apparatus Infernum Novel)

Bronze Gods - A.A. Aguirre Didn't finish. No rate.

I'm officially throwing in the towel on this one. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to its release. It was too dense for my mood right now and it turned out to be a murder-mystery. I'm not much a fan of mysteries or crime books. Just not my thing. I also expected more steampunk but that was lacking. There were some gadgets and motor cars thrown in but it didn't have the steampunk feel of some other books I've read. Or maybe I've just read the wrong books.

This takes place is Hy Breasil where Fey and humans merged together years ago. The result is that some humans, such as Mikanj, have fey abilities that help him solve cases. There is a friendship of sorts between Mikani and his partner Ritsuko. They've been partners for three years and at times they seemed the best of friends and others it felt like they were just getting to know each other. The sexual tension between the two was entertaining at times but it didn't draw me in. Overall, I just never connected to any of the characters. I felt like I had to really pay attention or I'd miss something. Not a quality I enjoy in my reading.

If you're looking for a fluffy fun read, keep moving. This isn't it. At least not for me.