Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate)

Changeless - Gail Carriger 3.5 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed [b:Soulless|6381205|Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)|Gail Carriger|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1314020848s/6381205.jpg|6569140] and was a bit disappointed to not have the same magic in this second installment of the series.

The story picks up a couple of months after Alexia marries Lord Maccon and something is off in the supernatural community (as usual). Alexia follows her husband to Scotland to figure out the mystery and to be near him.

The good: Alexia and Conall. I love these two. Both are still getting used to the idea of being married and married life but the dialogue and banter between these two is funny and still had the same spark from the last book. We were introduced to some interesting pack characters that I would've liked to learn more about instead of Ivy or Felicity.

The bad: Ivy. And Felicity, but mostly Ivy. She was annoying. In book one her appearances were sporadic and made me chuckle at times but otherwise I ignored her and her silly hats. Unfortunately the silly airheady best friend of our heroine is in most of this story. I'm sure the author's intent was to provide some comedic relief but her efforts fell short with me. Felicity, Alexia's half-sister is just cruel and mean. I didn't like her at all!

The ugly: The ending. The half star is for the ending. I love good endings - these don't always mean happy. This was NOT a happy ending. In fact it made me very sad. I also do not appreciate cliffhangers but seeing that book 3 is already available I won't get too upset about it.

Overall, the beginning was slow and it took me a couple of chapters to get into the flow. It's a nice mixture of mystery, love and supernatural. Off to book 3!!