Dreamfever: The Fever Series

Dreamfever  - Karen Marie Moning Every so often a book comes along that gets under your skin. You can't stop thinking about it. You go about your daily life wondering what the characters are doing and thinking. The bad thing about this is that when the story does not go the way you want it to, you are left experiencing disappointment. It was not love at first sight with this series. I truly did not like Mac at all. But she's grown on me. Slowly. She's surprised me and with this book has finally earned my respect.

We pick up immediately where book 3 ended and Mac is Pri'ya. She is addicted to sex. Her relationship with Barrons has always been complicated to say the least and full of sexual tension. I cheered. I was happy to finally see a different side of their relationship. But it didn't happen how I wanted. So the rest of the book kept me at the edge of my seat waiting... waiting for that magical moment again. I should have know better. Barrons has always proven that he is who he is. And although its been clear that Mac is part of him, he will never admit it. He is too proud and in control for that. The games between him and Mac were infuriating at times. It's not how I wanted it to go. At all. And yet I was left having to accept my disappointment and moving on.

My favorite scene/quote is this:
"...Go ahead, play games with me. Push me around. Lie to me. Bully me. Be your usual constant jackass self. Stalk around all broody and pissy and secretive, but you're wrong about me. There's something inside me you'd better be afraid of. And your can't touch my soul. You will never touch me soul!"
One, I love that Mac calls Barrons out. Two, more games and denial. Mac is wrong. Barrons is part of her soul and being just like she is part of his. But I respect her for trying to maintain her ground and not be the first to give in.

I love the world that has been created. I can clearly picture the darkness and chaos. We get to know Dani a bit better and I'm glad. She hasn't been a favorite but I liked her bravado and spunky attitude. Overall I'm glad I've stuck it out with this series. I see now why it's loved.