One Grave at a Time: A Night Huntress Novel

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost ★★★

I'm a fan of Jeaniene Frost and anything Night Huntress related but I wasn't a big fan of this book. This picks up a little over a month after [b:This Side of the Grave|6871617|This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)|Jeaniene Frost|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1282659107s/6871617.jpg|7087993]. Cat is still dealing with the remnants of the acquired power she obtained from Marie and is surrounded by ghosts. Although life is finally calm, Cat and Bones decide to go after a ghostly serial killer. Through this plot we are introduced to a new character, Tyler, who although entertaining at times was...pointless. As a side story there are major developments happening at the government base and we meet Madigan. An asshole bent on... not sure what. Bringing order? Destroying Bones & Cat? Not sure. The tempo of this book was slow and a bit boring. All the action happens the last quarter and ta-da! the latest crisis resolved. Cat and Bones are still wonderful together and I love catching up with them Spade, Denise and Ian. It just left me wanting more.

Perhaps I wasn't in the mood for this book. Maybe it's me and not Frost.