Making Faces

Making Faces - Amy Harmon Once again I'm reminded to never judge a book by its cover. This was nothing like I thought it would be. This moved me in a way few books do. Once I picked it up I was unable to put it down. There are some books that just demand your full attention and loss of sleep is a small payment to pay.

This is one of those books that is hard to review without spoiling. Amy Harmon weaves words like a song and the stories of Fern, Ambrose and Bailey were wonderfully told. I laughed, cried and felt fully immersed in their story. Fern is a shy girl who has UGS (Ugly Girl Syndrome) she has been content to be invisible and live in the shadows until events change and she realizes that it's not what she wants. Ambrose is boy who feels the pressure living his life according to the wishes of others. Bailey made me laugh. Such a loveable and real character.

I must warn that there are religious undertones so if you're sensitive to talk of spirituality, prayer and God, this will not be the book for you. Overall this is about beauty. The fine balance between inner and outer and what makes us who we are.

Loved, loved this. Thankful to my GR gals for pointing this out to me. This story will stay with me for a long time.