Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, Book 5)

Touch of the Demon - Diana Rowland This was my favorite in the series so far. While I'm enjoyed Kara, I've always felt like she needed to be more kickass and felt she was way too trusting. This segment of the series takes place mostly in the demon world. Kara finds herself at the mercy of Demon lord Mzatal. I liked Mzatal since the beginning. Even before his intentions were clear.

We learn many, many things in this book. Including that Kara knows nothing about being a summoner and about the demon world. Most importantly we learn the true intentions of Rhyzkahl. The scenes between Kara and Rhyzkahl were a mixture of hot and heart wrenching. I've always been torn between encouraging her and wanting to slap her for being so trusting. Not sure where her relationship with him will go, it is obvious that he has feelings for her, but his main objective to possess her and use her is more important. Kara also learns more about Ryan/Szerain and Zack/Zakaar.

The only problem I had with this was the length. It felt needlessly long. I appreciated all the world building and extra info but it felt like it dragged. I also still don't understand the "love" to Ryan. Especially after meeting Mzatal. Though it has been explained, I just don't understand how you can love one man and jump into bed with another. Don't get it. But maybe I'm just old fashioned. So far, Mzatal seems to be the better fit for Kara.