review of Fractured by Sarah Fine

Fractured - Sarah Fine

This picks up right after Sanctum, Lela and Malachi are back on the realm of the living and charged with killing any Mazikin. What neither counted on was the number of Mazikin that had crossed to this realm. Regardless, Lela and Malachi adapt to their roles as guardians. For Lela, this is the first time she is given the charge of a leader and she understandably second guesses herself most of the journey. For Malachi, the challenge is not being blinded by his feelings for Lela.

This sequel did a great job of reintroducing us to the story, adding a bit more and leaving us wanting more. New characters were introduced and can't say I liked all of them. Or felt like they were necessary.  Lela felt different to me.  A bit less focused and unsure.  But I suppose that is to be expected if you're a teenager who has been entrusted with keeping the world safe. Somewhere along the middle my mind began to wander and I started skimming but them it picked right up again. Some nice plot twists had me sitting up straight.

Only pet peeve is, if you're going to use a foreign language, please make sure you're using it correctly. I did have an uncorrected version though so I hope that those mistakes were corrected.

HUGE cliffhanger! I will eagerly await book 3.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/761716999