Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)

Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5) - Stacia Kane LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Love this series! Chess badass motherfucking Churchwitch finds herself in the middle of a war. This time it has nothing to do with the Church and everything to do with the man she loves and the city she lives in.

I have loved seeing Chess grow and slowly (painfully slow) realize that she is worthy of the love and respect of Terrible. Chess finally realizes that the intensity of her relationship is a two-way street and although at times I thought she was going to do something to screw it up. She didn't.
"...she loved him so much she could hardly breathe, as if there was some sort of Terrible-shaped growth in her chest that squeezed out everything else, reached up into her brain and twisted it so she could think only of him.”

It was nice to actually get to know Terrible a bit more. We most definitely learned why Terrible is "terrible". He is brutal and it's no wonder why he is Bump's muscle. Up to now when it comes to Chess we’ve seen a calmer, understanding side of Terrible. He accepts her as the junkie that she is. But this time we also got to see Alpha, territorial Terrible who finally lays it down and establishes very firmly, boundaries that cannot be crossed by Chess ever again. The love that Terrible has for Chess makes my heart melt. She is just as much a part of him and he is of hers.
"Shit. You so fucking pretty, Chessie. True thing. So… ain’t even can breathe sometimes.”

Not all her relationships are ok and I was sad to see how things ended with both Lex and Elder Griffin. Up to now Elder Griffin has given her the unconditional support, respect and love she’s needed and was sad to see the wedge in that relationship. Not at all how I pictured that happening. But above it all, I was happy to see a glimmer of hope that Chess might finally make changes and clean up. Still rooting for a drug-free happy Chessibomb.