Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) - Richelle Mead I debated between 3 or 4 stars but ultimately I decided that the things that bothered me about this book weren't significant enough.

Richelle Mead does not diappoint. Once again she has built a world full of interesting characters that also manage to be down to earth. I liked Georgina immediately. Succubus with a conscience and looking for love. I was a bookseller and assistant manager at a bookstore with a cafe for about 3 years so I really enjoyed the bookstore scenes. I enjoyed all the characters and loved the way she made both Roman and Seth appealing. One for his "in your face" good looks and charm and the other for his quiet and less obvious and yet very intense personality. The email exchanges between Seth and Georgie had me "aaaww'ing" (don't think that's a proper word but that's how I felt) and I was torn by the two men.

My one complaint was all the world building extra stuff that is always necessary at the beginning of the series and yet manages to get in the way. I found myself skimming the pages just so I could get back to the real story. At the end I decided that this filler stuff didn't bother me too much. The ending was bittersweet and fitting for the story. I'm only sorry it took me so long to get to this series!